On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 10:22 AM, Lloyd Brown <lloyd_br...@byu.edu> wrote:

> On 02/19/2014 10:17 AM, Joshua Marsh wrote:
> > Can someone explain to me the fascination with FizzBuzz? Is it a meme I'm
> > missing out on? I've seen people ask this question and it's in most of
> the
> > coding challenge web sites as well. Is it just to thin out the herd? I've
> > been using Go extensively for a couple years now so it's probably unfair
> > make assumptions, but I bet any could solve the problem after just a few
> > minutes on tour.golang.org.
>

> Well, I can't explain the fascination either, but I'm not sure you even
> need to go much farther than this:
>
> http://rosettacode.org/wiki/FizzBuzz#Go

FizzBuzz is just one of many challenges that can be solved
programmatically. On the challenge scale FizzBuzz is basic. Solving this or
any other problem in any given programming language can be used as an
exercise or Kata (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kata) in order to teach or
hone skills. Once solved, it can be repeated from memory for speed and
efficiency. Just like learning any other art, consistent practice
solidifies concepts in the mind.

Jonathan