On February 21, 2014, Matthew Frederico wrote:

>> Basing everything you do off from a combo of Linux Apache, MySQL and PHP
is

>> going to give you vulnerabilities you can't even imagine.. And of course

>> those vulnerabilities scale as you try to scale.

> Would you mind expounding on what vulnerabilities this stack would incur?

Something else I'd be curious to see. Although I don't personally use MySQL
much at all any more I'd be curious to hear more about the problems you've
faced using this combination. As I said just a moment ago in another
message, I generally use a LAPP architecture vs. LAMP (the P being
PostgreSQL vs. MySQL). I'll grant most of my projects are small time and
aren't used world wide (or at least, not by a large percentage of the web,
although the users may be all over the world), but I haven't had any
programs having vulnerabilities exploited. Perhaps it's careful coding and
SQL statement phrasing. Perhaps it's something else, but I've had nary a
complaint from anyone that I've ever done PHP work for, nor did my own PHP
code give me any issues.

--- Dan