I just installed a raspberry pi pbx in my office here and it works great.
 I used arctele.com (ask for Zac) ..  We've got it set up so that we have 6
phones, and 2 lines.  Each phone is an in expensive yealink that I have set
up to connect to freepbx on the PI.

The PI then is set up (asterisk) to register to the SIP service at arctele.
 I think all in all - it's costing us around $90 / month for unlimited
usage on 2 lines.

The only caveat to this set up is opening firewall ports to the pi.  We had
a few hurdles in the beginning, but got them sorted.

TCO doing it this way:
$60 / phone x 6 = $360
$35 / RasPI x 1 = $35
$9 / 16GB SDcard x 1 $9
$45 / Line x 2 = $90
-------------------------------------
 $495

Perfect for our small business.

On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 4:13 PM, Kyle Waters <u...@unum5.org> wrote:

> On 04/08/2014 05:14 AM, Dan Egli wrote:
>

>> Someone I talk to on a regular basis is getting ready to open his own
>> company. The expected size of the company would be about 10-15 people once
>> he finishes hiring, with more to follow in a year or two (he hopes). What
>> he wants is to have all his phone calls and what not handled by Asterisk
>> using IP based phones (obviously). I've talked with him a lot about this,
>> but the points I could not remember dealt primarily with how the phone
>> company would handle things.
>>

> Someone mentioned this in the channel a few weeks ago:
>
> http://www.raspberry-asterisk.org/
>

> I'm planning on giving it a try in the next few weeks so I can let
> everyone know how it goes.  They claim it can handle up to ten calls at
> once before you start to notice quality issues.
>
> My employer uses veracity for our SIP provider, but they may be over kill
> for your needs(our needs=over 500 calls at once, plus local call presence).
>  Vitality was recommended for home use(they'd probably work for a small
> business as well).  I intend to give them a try as soon as I get my pi.
>

> Kyle
>

> /*
> Don't fear the penguin.
> */