On 06/12/2014 09:02 PM, Steve Meyers wrote:
> On 06/11/2014 08:09 AM, Michael Torrie wrote:
>> Yes I looked there first.  The archive maintains the original packages
>> of each release, and the most recent updates.  None of the intermediate
>> updates are archived, and actually not even the source rpms are kept at
>> the archive site.
>
> Isn't that because the updates are part of the next base release?

In some cases perhaps.  Most of the time updates are just minor security
or bug fixes of the same version that was shipped.  Sometimes they are
more major, like firefox versions.  Or wine version. But it doesn't have
much to do with developing the next version of Fedora.

I know that on Redhat Enterprise Linux, each and every package release
for any of the OS's is archived for the life of the product on RH's
site.  Which sometimes makes it hard to use the Redhat Network webpage
to find and download a single rpm, since you have to wade through every
version every released for your version of the distro.  But now I can
see why that would be a very good thing to have, especially in the
enterprise where even little changes could cause unforeseen grief.