While reading about systemd, I saw notice that it has an option to read
information about encrypted devices from /etc/crypttab. That's a new one on
me. I've not heard of that file before. What programs/services use
crypttab, and where could I find more information about them? How do they
compare in security strength to something like trucrypt? Is there a way to
auto-mount a partition that way, since I don't see any way to auto-mount a
partition encrypted via trucrypt (yes, I know of keyfiles vs. passwords,
but from what I can tell you still need to manually run trucrypt to mount
the encrypted container/device. You just don't need to specify a password
to do so)?

Any information is appreciated!
--- Dan