On Fri, 27 Nov 2015 09:17:13 -0700
Nicholas Stewart <nichol...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been running Ubuntu for a few years on a vm on osx.  I'm thinking
> of buying a new laptop or desktop and formatting it to run Ubuntu
> 15.10.
>
> Is there anything I need to be aware of or watch out for?  For
> example, a few years ago I had problems with broadcom wireless cards
> while running ubuntu.  I'd hate to buy a new $400 laptop and have
> issues getting Ubuntu on it.

I've had excellent luck the last year or so with my Lenovo T440s that
Bluehost bought to work with. If I were to buy a laptop today for myself,
I'd definitely buy a Lenovo T450s, the update to the T440s.

--
Doran L. Barton <f...@hypermoo.com> - Linux, Perl, Web, good fun, and more!
 "Ladies, leave your clothes here and spend the afternoon having a good