At my work, we use Rocks (http://www.rocksclusters.org), but it's
targeted mostly toward HPC labs, where there's not a lot of variation in
roles/services that the nodes fulfill and use.

Alternatives in our specific niche are Warewulf
(http://warewulf.lbl.gov/trac), and Bright Cluster Manager
(commercial).  Possibly others, but those are the ones that come to mind.

Not sure if this is terribly helpful, since you're probably going to
need more variation between types of servers than this.

--
Lloyd Brown
Systems Administrator