Did you wire it yourself? 568A or 568B? If I had one guess, I'd say it
sounds like one of the pairs is broken. (Some networking devices can work
around this, some cannot.) How did you test the wire? Something like this?
(One of the first matches, not recommending this brand:
https://www.amazon.com/Foto4easy-Telephone-Cat5e-Network-Tester/dp/B00N2QXKA6
)

Then of course as others have already said, if you have a solid connection
with an LED network tester, you may need to move into the range of
hundred/thousand dollar testers. (If you can't borrow one, it might make
more sense just to run another wire.) This is assuming you swapped around
cables on the switch end and swapped around patch cables on the printer end
and tried to punch new end connectors on both sides. Easy/cheap stuff to
rule out first.

Also, you're not exceeding the cable length for CAT5, right? :-) (This
would be another thing where some NICs could compensate and some cannot.)

James