On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 1:35 PM, Tod Hansmann <plug....@todandlorna.com> wrote:
> I'm looking for some sort of single login server.  Not single sign-on.
> That's something this could enable in some cases, but it's not my goal.  I
> just want to have one account that isn't a social media thing.  Ideally it
> would fulfill these:
>
> - Can self host, preferably on Linux
> - Provides OAuth2 and maybe OpenID?
> - Would ideally be something I can use for OS logins on Linux and Windows
> (OSX is a pipe dream), so Kerberos and LDAP I guess?
> - Secure, duh
> - Can control sub-logins, like of my kids.
> - Can preferably revoke access to third parties later, like "I don't want
> site X to have access anymore"
>
> Any thoughts on possibilities if they exist?  Or am I looking at something
> like using OpenLDAP and tacking on OAuth2 access to it?

Centralized identity and authentication for all your machines is a
very good idea.  The general enterprise standard is LDAP+Kerberos.

These can be a pain to setup the first time.  You might want to
consider FreeIPA (http://www.freeipa.org).  It's a collection of all
of these tools and more with a good management interface.