Hi Olli,
   Thanks for the tip, that is an interesting article. It seems to be made
   for those creating a word list to work in parallel with, i.e. in
   addition to, what is already there in Aspell. Whereas actually, as
   there is already a Hindi word list installed, I just want to replace
   that word list file with my word list file which is quite a bit larger
   i.e. containing many more words than the generic list provided in
   Aspell. See the below quote from the article you provided:
   "If you are trying to create a word list in a language other than
   English check the Aspell data-dir (usually /usr/share/aspell,
   use aspell dump config to find out what it is on your system) to see if
   a language data file exists for your language. If not you will need to
   create one."
   As there is already a Hindi word list, I don't need to add an
   additional one; rather, I need to replace the existing Hindi word list
   with my word list. And I've been doing this for years, in previous
   Ubuntu installations. Most recently up to a few weeks ago, in 14.04.
   Now in Ubuntu 18.04 I am unsure of the pathway for implementing it.
   Full details in my original message.
   Thanks,
   Swarup