On Tue, 2005-11-01 at 02:05 -0800, mikerob wrote:
> Mark.Bennett Wrote:
> >

> > Beyond your current plans of caller ID support, you could turn this
> > into an answering machine. Capture messages for unanswered calls
> > to a file, display on the SB that messages are waiting, and play
> > them back through any SB in the house.
> >
> > This sort of technology could also allow different greeting messages
> > to the answer phone depending on who is calling!
> >
> > I think that this sort of technology would be a fantastic add-in to
> > SlimServer.
> >

> This functionality is covered by existing open source projects such as
> http://www.asterisk.org/ and http://www.pingtel.com/ therefore it may
> be easier to interface these applications with Slimserver rather than
> reinvent the wheel within Slimserver code.

I agree, it was really the integration with Slimserver that I
thought would be useful.

When I get a suitable modem I'll play with asterix/pingtel and
see how it works. I'm probably too much of a novice at perl  to
handle the plug-in myself though.

--
"The biggest problem encountered while trying to design a system that
was completely foolproof, was, that people tended to underestimate the