On Tue, 1 Nov 2005, Scott wrote:

everything looks like it is working OK until:

Writing Makefile for Pod::Escapes
-- NOT OK

Can you take a look in ~/.cpan/build/Pod-Simple-3.02 and see if there is a Makefile.PL in the directory?

Also, can you open up another terminal window and type 'which make'? On my machine it returns /usr/bin/make (I am running 10.3.9 on my slimserver machine, my Tiger machine is currently being repaired, so I can"t check if things are different under 10.4.x) Then, in the cpan shell, type 'o conf' and see if the "make" line matches the which output.

Can't think of anything else right off...