Plugins are a fantastic part of having a squeezebox - I might not have
bought an SB3 if it weren't for AlienBBC.

But it's too time consuming browsing the web, checking compatability
with your Slimserver version, downloading and checking their different
setup procedures.

I suggest that Slimdevices should look at a plugin (un)installer
utility - I can't be the first to have thought of it. The user starts
the utility on their computer which shows a list of compatible plugins
available, and (un)installs them at the click of a button. I think it
would be a big selling point to potential buyers who might feel uneasy
about installing extra things, even if it is usually easy.

I've seen this work for third party add-ons to other programs
(http://www.r-project.org/).

I suppose the problem might be that alienbbc for example needs third
part softwar such as mplayer installed as well.

--
mecouc