Hi there,
Seems to me there are 2 problems:

1) the web interface not working correctly.
When you enter a station name in the empty box and hit the add button,
it should be added to the list of stations in the list below.
(duplicates are ignored) From your description this is not working?

2) When you press the play button, we request LastFM to change to that
station. From the log file you posted LastFM does not want to change
station (the reponse=FAILED). It looks to me like the station in your
example has been saved incorrectly as the request is for
"Lastfm://http://www.last.fm/music/Etta James"
This is wrong - it shouldn't have the http://www.last.fm in there. If
you save the station that part should be removed automatically, but I
see this seems not to be working in some cases - I think you've found a
bug here!

I will try and fix this.
In the meantime, if you want to get the stations working, all that you
need to put in the station box is for example:
Music/Etta James

James