davep Wrote:
> One thing that I am suspecting as part of the problem is the fact that
> the debian install now seems to put most things into
> /usr/share/slimserver whereas under all my prevous installs (automated
> rpms and manual ubuntu) things had been in /usr/local/slimserver. Presumably
> this is the debian approved place - but also presumably the
user 'slimserver' should be created with /usr/share/slimserver/Bin in
its path.  Then slimserver would be able to find mplayer.sh and the
other things in there.  Do you have a problem transcoding flac?  I
think flac is in there too.

Its probably worth highlighting the issue to Dan on the announce thread
- just in case there is something that's been missed.

--
Patrick Dixon

www.at-tunes.co.uk