Not a new problem, but one that I thought was resolved:

See
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=18404&highlight=discovery+mode

and

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=19256&highlight=discovery+mode

[split thread]

Discovery mode isn't compatible with either Loved tracks or Personal
radio by definition.  Both LastFM and James updated the web player /
plugin to take account of this, so you couldn't select it on either of
those stations.  LastFM also changed the streaming architecture which
resolved the "crash on any station change with Discovery mode enabled"
problem.

I had Discovery mode enabled last night and changed channels with no
problems at all several times, which (of course) doesn't mean it isn't
working now.   Using the plugin for 6.1/6.2 with slimserver version
6.2.2 latest nightly.

It may be a LastFM issue (as previously).  Have you tried enabling
d_plugins and forcing a crash ?  Would be interesting to see the log
output.  I will also try again when I get in this evening.

--
Siduhe