Hi,

Firstly I think you've done the right thing with the symbolic linking
and that is the correct way to install on your configuration. I'll
update installation notes when we finally get to the bottom of it.

As regards the second issue  I wonder if we have CRLF issues between
DOS/Unix here. Perl is generally unfussy but I could imagine how it
would interfere with the string parsing and cause what you're seeing.

I know that the code works for me on windows so I expect all the files
to have CRLF line termination. Do you have a way of checking that? (eg
open in plain vi and see if every line has a ^M at the end)

If that's the cause then we can work to a fix.

Malcolm

--
mwphoto

http://www.last.fm/user/mwphoto/