Michael,
This seems to half work.  The http port entry accepts my non-standard
value and then and I get the small sized artwork in the "Music" view.
However in the "Status" view, where there should be the larger image, I
still get the question mark graphic.

Looking at the console window from which I launched ewe I see repeated
instances of the following:

ewe.io.IOException: Connection refused
at
ewe.io.BasicStreamObject.getException(BasicStreamObject.java)        at
ewe.net.Socket.doConnect(Socket.java)
at ewe.net.socketConnector.doRun(Socket.java)
at ewe.sys.TaskObject.run(TaskObject.java)
at ewe.sys.mThread.run(mThread.java)

Not sure if this helps you nail this one.

Also, having exited ewe and restarted I see that the http port
assignment is not really sticky in that it resets to 9000 if you start
a new session.

davep

--
davep