On 11 Apr 2006, at 06:10 , dspeirs wrote:

James, I don't know if this plugin (the latest) works for anyone else
with a Mac or if I am just lame but I can't get it to work.  The main
problem is I can't even see the plugin.

I am using Safari, 10.4.6, slimserver 6.51 with a SB1 and just put the
plugins in user/library/slimserver/plugins (I dropped the entire
downloaded folder in there).  No Go.

According to the instructions it says:

b) You may find that the plugin does not appear at all in SlimServer.
If this is the case it needs to be installed in an alternate location;
Rather than [USERNAME]/Library/SlimDevices/Plugins/ try putting the
Plugin directory in
/Library/PreferencePanes/SlimServer.prefPane/Contents/server/Plugins

I can't find a folder called that in /Library/PreferencePanes let alone being able to make a folder called "SlimServer.prefPane". So what am I
doing wrong.  Has anyone else with a MAC got this to work?

When you installed slimserver, did you install for all users or just one user? Because it will put things in different places depending on how you installed it.

You really should have a /Library/PreferencePanes folder. If you don't, your OS is completely hosed... The initial / means look at the top level of your hard drive, for the folder called "Library", then the floder called PreferencePanes.

Inside that you should see a "file" called SlimServer.prefPane (if you installed for all users). This is a folder, but the finder is pretending it isn't. Ctrl-click on it, and "Show package contents" to get inside this folder. The continue with the rest of the path: Contents/server/Plugins. Put the plugin folder there.

Allan