It should start the search automatically as you type.

That certainly doesn't work - but I have discovered that instead of
using the green check at the end of the search line, if I just hit
return, I get results! So certainly not broken, just perhaps not
working correctly.

There's a known
issue though with the Java version which breaks this. What platform
are
you on?

Errr... I'm using Ewe on an ipaq running windows mobile 2003 second
edition (V 4.21.1088). Sorry, I'm not sure if that means I am actually
running the java version (?).

> If I then select another track to play from this new play list, that
is
> when I get the java/lang/NumberFormatException error message as
reported
> by others on this thread.

Can you reproduce this? Do you see a call stack under the
NumberFormatException line? It should indicate where in the code the
exception occured. Would simplify the hunt for the bug.

Yes - I can reproduce this reliably, but unfortunately there are no
further details to see on this error message. Is there a debug version
that I could run for you? Happy to help - just don't have  any more
info to give from the error message.

I don't understand... Do you think there are too many buttons?

Nah, I think the icons on the tabs at the bottom of the screen are too
similar to one another. I think someone else had mentioned it as well.

Settings - a squeezebox icon. Cool
Music libray - a CD icon with some crotchets infront of it. Cool
Playlist - a document icon with crotchets infront of it. Cool

But the Status button looks too similar to the Playlist Icon. I was
suggesting that could be changed. Not sure the blue play icon would be
right, but it might help differentiate. Small parts department, I
realise!

Let me know if you have something I can run for you to debug that
error.

sebage