On 20/06/06, chris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Sorry, I didn't read that - just overwrote the old Moose.

Having installed the dll from \bin\net-2.0\release into the Moose
directory, I now get an error:

Problem connecting to MySQL: A request to send or receive data was
disallowed because the socket is not connected and (when sending on a
datagram socket using a sendto call) no address was supplied

Ok.. AFAIK, there are 3 situations which give rise to this error:

1. The wrong MySql port.. Make sure this is set to the correct port
for MySql on your machine.. (I think 9092's the standard for new 6.5
installs, but if you manually installed MySql previously, it'll be
something like 3306)

2. MySql isnt actually running on the target machine..

3. Firewall fun and other random network problems..

HTH,

--
- Dr Lovegrove
http://www.rusticrhino.com/drlovegrove