I realised that the attached version wasn't with the specific fixes to
work with 6.5, so I've run it again with 6.5 version, same debug
options.

No problem. The d_httpd (or whatever) flag helped a lot, I think:

2006-07-04 11:15:45.5708 AsyncHTTP: Error reading headers: Bad response status line: '<HTML><BODY><h2>Error 5 No Program Name Found </h2><hr></BODY></HTML>'

This seems to be the answer from allmusic.com when the url is broken/wrong. But from the d_http_async output the params seem to be fine. For now I won't care about why we're getting that answer and concentrate on correctly handling the wrong answer :-/. (still 45 minutes left to the penalties)

--

Michael