Thanks for the response.

bpa Wrote:
> 1. Spec of your systems h/w, s/w & OS - - pre8 is a lot bigger and I
> think processor hungry in some instances.
Via Epia M1000 board with 1Ghz C3 processor (Mplayer detects this
correctly). 512MB RAM. Software is Linux - Fedora FC5, with no
Xwindows, and no software or services that are not directly required
for SS/Alien. When using Alien/mplayer to stream "listen again" stuff
my CPU usage hovers at around 9-13%

> 2. Did you build Mplayer or use a pre-built RPM.  If it is pre-built
> where did you get it ?
I used a pre-built RPM. I'm afraid I can't remember where I got it
from!

> 3. Output from the console when "stop" happens.  There can be many
> reasons why Mplayer will stop and the console output usually gives a
> hint - for example an Mplayer crash, network error (e.g. RDT error as
> seen by others) , network congestion or EOF on the stream ?
Sorry - not sure what you mean by this. I posted the log output above
(it always fails with the message above "mplayer: could not connect to
socket","mplayer: No such file or directory"). Should I be looking for
extra output somewhere else? Are there some suitable debug switches, or
a way I can get extra debug info out of mplayer?

> 4. Is is reproducible on your system e.g. if you play the same PM
> program at different times of the day - does the crash happen at
> exactly the same time ?
I can reproduce the crash, but it doesn't crash at the same point each
time. I've tried playing the latest PM from the beginning three times
this morning. They crashed at 17:48, 24:16 and 22:11.

> The Mplayer pre7 tar ball is available from MplayerHQ site
> (http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/MPlayer-1.0pre7.tar.bz2 ) so
> you can build your version of Mplayer.  Although you will have add my
> patch to listen to Live BBC.  Also startup for Listen Again will take
> 15-20 secs.

OK, thanks for that.

Cheers,

Richard