I had this problem with the 'Listen Again' streams after upgrading my
internet connection to ADSL MAX, live streams were ok. I tried various
versions of mplayer, to no avail, the stream just kept cutting out
around every 5 min(Listening to the same program with Real Player never
cut out).

The only thing that I had changed when switching over to ADSL MAX was
Windows XP's RWIN setting, in order to optimise my download speed. I
had increased this to 260912. As an experiment I reduced this by half
to 130456, rebooted and tested again, I now found that mplayer would
hold the stream for around 20min's before once again it would cut out.
AS this appeared to be working I reduced my RWIN to 99260  and
retested, this time it ran through the whole program with no cutouts.

Since then I have listened to many programs and my system has never
once cut out again.

Trevor.

--
trevtu