Having had a peaceful night - I can confirm that it worked for me.
However, I know that this does not address the full requirement of the
original poster. However, it is much closer to what I wanted to
achieve.
A change to PowerSave to make a Sleep option that would be essentially
be the same as PowerSave/Always, except would only run once would make
it easier to use in this guise.
i.e. using PowerSave as a once-off Sleep request would require the user
to go back into the PlugIn menu the next time that the Squeezebox was
used and turn it off again otherwise the Squeezebox would get turned
off in regular use.

I'm away for a few days - but would happily look at doing this one
return and would pass it back to you (jth) for review/inclusion.

--
Paul Webster

Paul Webster
http://www.lastfm.com/user/BondJamesBond