ceejay;138281 Wrote:

> One more question, if I may: last night, for some reason I haven't
> worked out yet, I managed to leave a copy of softsqueeze playing the
> same song on repeat  - all night! So it now shows as having 204 plays.
> I'd like to manually adjust this number as it doesn't reflect the
> number of times I think I've played it!
>
> Is there any way to do this (preferably without poking around in the
> innards of  a database)?

I think the following procedure should do it:

1. Perform a backup using the "Backup to file" button in the TrackStat
settings page.
2. Find the correct track in the generated xml file from the backup. A
track entry looks like this as a sample:

Code:
--------------------
    <track>

<url>file%3A%2F%2F%2Fmnt%2Fflacmusic%2FLisa%2520Loeb%2520-%2520The%2520Way%2520It%2520Really%2520Is%2F09%2520Accident.flac</url>
  <playCount>204</playCount>
  <lastPlayed>1138139516</lastPlayed>
  <added>1142368494</added>
  <rating>60</rating>
  </track>
--------------------

Then change the "<playCount>204</playCount>" text to
"<playCount>15</playCount>" or whatever you want the playcount to be.
Finally save the changed file.

3. Perform a restore with the "Restore from file" button in the
TrackStat settings page.

Some of the "Recently played" statistics will not be restored with this
procedures, but it will probably be good enough without risking to loose
any statistics. The reason recently played statisitcs isn'r restored is
that TrackStat also keeps a complete history log in the database where
there is one entry for each time a track has been played. To restore
the "Recently played" statistics you will also need to completely
remove the desired <historyentry>...</historyentry> entries from backup
file. To make this work you will also have to use the "Remove all
statistics" button in the TrackStat page before you actually perform
the restore operation.

--
erland

Erland Isaksson