At first my linux-based slimserver wouldn't recognize SlimScrobbler
0.36. After searching some threads it appeared that it might be a
problem with the end-of-lines (EOLs). Turns out that the plugin files
used DOS/Win EOLs (cr/lf) instead of Unix (lf). James says he thinks he
has fixed it now, but wasn't sure. I changed the EOLs to Unix style and
all was fixed.

Open one of the .pm files in a good text editor to see what kind of
EOLs it has. If they're DOS/Win, try downloading the plugin again, or
fix the line endings yourself if you know how. I don't know the
available Mac tools well, but it should be easy.

--
aubuti