Hello Dabloss,

I did not have to do the perl.ppc anymore.  I had to do that setup in
the past in my brother's Intel CoreDuo iMac as he had transferred
settings/apps/docs from his old iMac G4.  Hence, the issue with
disparity of architecture etc and the ensuing issues and my hack to
resolve the problem.

In my new machine, it was a stock setup, so I had to go through the
usual setup stuff of the perl CPAN libraries and some other unix
utilities(make, wget, ncftp etc..).  Here's the procedure that I went
through.  Please follow the sequence outlined below.  I hope you are
reasonably adept at navigating around in the Unix terminal.

- Install the Developer tools that comes in your Install DVD's.  This
installs gcc/make etc.
- Further go to the following web site(Macports)
http://www.macports.org/ where you can download the latest source for
Mac ports from the repository.

There is a README which gives you instructions on how you need to
compile the port binary.  I find DarwinPorts a lot easier to install
the unix tools compared to Fink.  I used to use Fink extensively in the
past, but this time over I tried DarwinPorts and it worked like a charm.

- Once you are done with the DarwinPorts install, install wget, ncftp &
lynx.
- Now follow the instructions in the iTunesupdate readme to install the
CPAN AppleScript::Glue package etc.  The first time you run CPAN, it
will ask you a bunch of questions and I usually go with the defaults
and it worked well for me.
- After the pre requisite CPAN package installs are done, just put the
iTunesupdate SlimServer plugin in its appropriate plugin location,
restart SlimServer and expect to see iTunesupdate working.

I have been using 1.8.0 without any issues with both iTunes 7 & 7.0.1.
It works like a charm, James has done a fantastic job with this plugin.
It makes my SB experience so much better.

If you need any assistance e-mail me at
g_junk2001
yahoo
com