bit more info:

all my players are hardwired on gigabyte network. Router is ASUS RT-N66U
(very good router) passes all network tests. joggler plays bit perfect
up to 24/96 on local flac.

server does nearly nothing apart from LMS, other than when i connect to
take screen shots! it is running Bit-torrent Sync (backs-up my music to
a friends server) mostly does nothing unless I add music to my lib.

also attached a sysinfo page
21446

i wonder if it is some weird different setting we have in our routers? I
have QoS enabled for example.

sota wrote:
> BPA, sorry for the delay in getting back to you, life got in the way!
> The improvement is that before, Listen Live was unusable but now it
> takes about 10s to start and re-buffering occurs for 10-30 seconds every
> 1-3 minutes.
> But it will eventually stop playing. The stream starts after a 5 second
> pause. To answer your questions:
>
> Live Stream was Dash>HLS, changing to HLS makes no difference.
> Listen again works fine.
> I don't run any security software, as that PC is only used as a media
> server - no browsing or email.
> The Boom is hardwired over Cat 6 to a Cisco Gigabit switch, so no wi-fi
> issues. The Soma FM stream plays perfectly.
> When I disabled Native AAC, playback stopped and I had to restore the
> setting and restart the LMS server to get it back working.
> Network tests show 500k-100%, 1,000kbps-72%, 1,500kbps-48%,
> 2,000kbps-38%
> I have one Boom, four radios and a couple of Jogglers. The re-buffering
> only occurs on the Boom and the Jogglers and, as I mentioned, does not
> happen under Ubuntu.
>
> Pat

|Filename: info.jpg                                                 |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21446|