meep wrote:
> Hi Paul
>
> Thanks for the suggestion. This raises a few points.
>
> This is not quite like the other requests in that 'here' is not a named
> / addressable squeezebox device/instance.
>
> If I'm reading it right, your proposal implies that the voice
> capture/detection/processing is done via a a squeezebox device. That's
> not the case. You need an amazon echo device to speak to which in turn
> interfaces with your squeezeboxes via the skill/plug-in.
>
> That being the case, 'here' could only mean the echo device itself.
>
> Now, this is a feature I'd love to add and initial research indicates
> that it may be possible (after all, this is how the Spotify / amazon
> music content is implemented). Furthermore, there are specific commands
> within the skill set-up to facilitate this. However, I need to do
> further work to determine what audio formats are supported and whether
> it would be worth implementing if the majority of typical users
> libraries wouldn't play.
>
> Right now, I envision something close to what you're suggesting but with
> even more simplicity;
>
> "Alexa, ask squeeze server to play favourite 2 in kitchen"
>
> This would play the nominated playlist through the Kitchen squeezebox.
> Then, you could further control that instance without having to nominate
> the player any more;
>
> "Alexa, pause"
> "Alexa, play favourite 3"
>
> Note: I'm not 100% we can get this level of simplicity. Note that
> there's no invocation of the skill name in these examples. This is a bit
> of a hack that I'm not sure i) will work and, ii) will be permitted by
> amazon for certification.
>
> We shall see...

I've no idea how flexible the 'phrasing' can be.  I hope it's possible
to make requests as natural as can be: for example, above ' ... in
kitchen' sounds fine but unless there are options for 'in' (on, to,
etc.), then it gets clumsy.

'..... play in Touch'   ???
' .... play in Red'  ???
'..... play in Upstairs' ???

cheers

Touch, Logitech Radio, Logitech UE Radio, O2 Joggler + SqpOS
UPnPBridge - 2 paired Sonos Play1 speakers; Rocki - Sony SRS-BTM8
speaker; Pioneer WX-SMA1 speaker;  - PURE One Flow internet radio: PURE
Jongo S3x ; Jongo T2; Libratone Zipp
Castbridge - Chromecast 1 + Chromecast Audio
AirplayBridge - Loewe Airspeaker
SB Player - Fire TV