Hello azinck3,

Thank you for the heads-up on the Videobox plugin. I totally missed it
when scanning all the available plugins with the functionality I'm
looking for.

After trying it out, I came to the conclusion that it is a good start,
but not completely functional (for me at least) at the moment.

The problems are:
It is Windows only and it is build upon Windows Media Player. So no VLC
yet :-(
But the biggest drawback is that it doesn't work with the new
Squeezebox 3 display. I can control the program with the Slimdevices
remote, and also start a movie, but the display keeps saying "VideoBox
Plugin".

Maybe somebody can bring new live to this project. The previous
developer stopped working on it in February 2006, but you can download
the sourcecode from http://sourceforge.net/projects/videobox/ and use
it (according to his notes in the ZIP-file).

Or maybe someone is willing to develop a new plugin that is really OS
independent like I suggested before.

Please let me know if you have any idea how to get this working!

--
avkooi