marjohan;146232 Wrote:
> Hello all!
>

> I searched the forum trying to find information about an WinAmp plugin
> or even stand alone software that could be used to stream music
> directly from an user PC to the Squeezbox located in the home network.
>
> As I have understood, this is more or less possible with the Squeeze
> server itself, but what I would like to have is to use the box kinda
> "external soundcard".
>
> The best possible solution would be an tiny SW that sits on the tray
> (windows xp) and to where one can drag-and-drop MP3 files (oor AAC, OGG
> etc) and what would then decode the data and stream the PCM audio to the
> Box.
>
> This would expand the usage of the box very much, at least in our
> family :-)
>
> Thank you very much for any information You can give me about this.
>
> Br: Marco, Helsinki - Finland

There is a tiny SW that actually sits on the tray and which enables you
to play songs from wherever they are stored at your computer directly
from Windows Explorer. I find this very useful and a convenient way to
browse through music and create a new playlist.
You can't drag-and-drop mp3 files to it (maybe just not yet), but you
can select any supported audio file and right click on it and then
select if you want to play it right away or add it to the playlist. If
you do a little registry tweak, you can also just double click on the
file you like to hear (my favourit method) and the SW sends the file to
the Slimserver which is running in the background.

If this is kind of what you like to have and do with your squeezebox,
the SW is written by Craig, a forum member here. But I don't know if he
uploaded his latest version already somewhere.

--
cosmo