fraho wrote:
> One more comment concerning the above: I don't think this has something
> to do with sync as It's working from within iTunes where multiple
> speakers can be activated. Additionally, simultaneous play is not
> possible with native MacOS Airplay - and it's not working there.

I mean the AirPlay (RAOP 2.0) synchronization. When a client connects to
a server, the client sends a NTP-like timestamp so that the server (the
player) adjusts his own clock and they share the same reference. Then
every second the client sends the match between this NTP timestamp and a
16 bits packet number. Then with every packet of audio a packet number
is sent to tell the server when to play that packet. It's obviously
needed for multi-player synchronization, but even when client controls
only one player, this protocol is used. The ShairTunes2 helper skips
these NTP and matching steps. It might be what Airfoil / MacOS Airplay
do not like where other client are less susceptible when these steps are
missung. I'm not sure, but that's one hypothesis knowing that all other
setup steps of the connection work, failure only happens when this sync
steps are supposed to happen.

LMS 7.7.5 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos 2xPLAY:1,
PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBMC, Foobar2000, XBoxOne,
JRiver 21, Chromecast Audio, Chromecast v1, Pi B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+,
Odroid-C1, Cubie2