My understanding of MusicIP Mixer is that it uses a unique identifier
known as a PUID to identify songs and thus facilitate its playlisting
etc.  Is there a way of looking up and saving the PUIDs in file tags
other than having to go through the extensive analysis that MusicIP
Mixer undertakes.

Basically I'm hoping there is a tool out there that can retrieve PUIDs
for songs that are found to already exist in MusicIP's database rather
than go through the analysis process.  I know musicbrainz's Picard can
do fingerprinting that ultimately results in PUID's being written to
tags, however it requires manual intervention and is of limited use if
your files are already tagged, which is the case with mine.

--
egd

It's great to be working on an OS that does not fiddle with its bits and
go blind over time!