schmurtz wrote:
> Recently I saw many plugin that are able to redirect sound into a pipe
> which can be readed by a squeezebox.
> For example there are these plugins :
> - shairtunes , shairtunes2  and shairtunes2 fork
> - youtube
> - waveinput
>
> To implement spotify connect it's you can use the sources that I give or
> you can control the classic spotify client software (which implement
> spotify connect natively) by command line ('there are plenty of
> examples' (https://gist.github.com/wandernauta/6800547)). If it's a
> problem to redirect the sound like in shairtunes you can use 'DSbridge'
> (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?64590-DSBridge-A-simpler-way-to-stream-Spotify)
> to create a stream easily playable on squeezebox.
>
> By the way, when I say "It's not very complex." I mean : "How to install
> on raspberry here " -> "It's not very complex.".
>
> So it's probably a little project to make it works on squeezebox but all
> the elements are available to make it work and I think that some people
> of the squeezebox community are able to do this (not me, I'm a pretty
> bad developper :p).

I have been waiting two weeks now for a spotify api key to try this

https://github.com/Fornoth/spotify-connect-web

which I believe is possible with Moode (although the guide I am
following is for Volumio).

Not a flicker of a response from Spotify, they are just not
interested.:confused::(:rolleyes:

Be happy that there is an implementation of Spotify in LMS, if your user
case requires a different approach then move on to something that suits.
:)

Ronnie