Gnq wrote:
> Many thanks. I removed an unworking version and installed v1.5.2 (and
> updated iPlayer Extras). Both now work very well (after attending to
> iPlayer Extras' setting re disabling DASH streams). Just one problem
> (one that originally surfaced when the BBC abandoned WMA) is the pitch
> change. Live and archived iPlayer streams have the pitch dropped
> significantly. I disabled transcoding to PCM, but this only silenced the
> stream. Any ideas? I stream to Squeezebox Receivers and software
> SqueezePlayer on Android. Both suffer from the pitch change.

What is "significantly" ?  Is it twice as slow  or just abotu 8% slowers
(i.e. 44.1/48) ?

If you are trying to play as PCM - then you will have a problem as LMS
will by default use 44.1Khz as PCM does not have any header to tell
player to use 48Khz.
What sort of player are you using ? Has it been modded (e.g. 48Khz
crystal disabled) ?

Put all Filetype for AAC settings back to default as LMS shipped.  To
ind the problem you can enable logging player.source to DEBUG and you
will see in the server.log how LMS picks the trasncodign rules to
apply.
make sure BBCiPlayer "allow transcoding" setting is checked.

> By the way, DASH (I believe they are DASH) streams accessed at
> http://bbcmedia.ic.llnwd.net/stream/ (e.g.
> http://bbcmedia.ic.llnwd.net/stream/bbcmedia_radio4fm_mf_p) do not
> suffer this pitch change in the transcode.
Nope.
That is a a plain Shourtcast http/MP3 44.1kHz stream.  LMS tells you MP3
the stream info.
LMS cannot play DASH without a plugin.