Typically problems with Spotify are firewall problems. I have
reinstalled LMS to try to repair problems but I have never used this
plug-in (family account) except as a single user so I am unaware of any
problems from that. Which version of LMS are you using and more
information on your NAS might help some one figure out what's keeping
the helper app from running. I would try to install the Normal Spotify
plug in with the Protocol Helper and see if that works before I would
reinstall LMS. I assume you had Triodes version working before you tried
the family version.

(1) Pi 3 w/ HifiBerry Dac + Pro & Max2Play, (1) Touch, (1) Transporter,
QNAP 853a for files