Dear,
I checked on my NAS (see my signature for info) and it takes only 2% CU
for about 1-2 sec.

Question : how do you update the stat? I have noticed different
performance :

1) if I click on 'M' button in Webinterface, I can change ratting on the
left pannel. No refresh is made and only 2% CPU
2) when I click on 'TS' icon then I get a lot of info from TS and if I
change the ratting it need to refresh the page and it takes +/- 2 sec
but with 25 % CPU.

Also, not sure it can help but :
1) check your LOG file to search ion any error.
2) tune some parameter :

•       Rescan refresh → This will activate/deactivate the automatic
refresh statistic operation after a rescan has been performed in
Squeezebox Server, the only reason to turn this if is if you get
performance issues with refresh statistics
•       History → This will activate/deactivate history logging in
TrackStat. With history logging enabled TrackStat will store the exact
time each time a track is played and can with this information calculate
statistics such as "Most played tracks in last month". With history
disabled TrackStat will only have information about the last time a
specific track was played. You might want to try to disable history
logging if you get performance problems with TrackStat

BR

ASUS S1 D525 ATOM with 2GB on Linux Gentoo i686-linux
Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.0 (Previous Version : 7.7.3 - 7.5.5 -
r32671)
Perl Version: Perl Version: 5.20.2 - i686-linux-thread-multi (5.18.2 -
i686-linux-thread-multi)
Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1) (Previously :
MySQL : 5.1.70)
1 x Squeezebox Touch :  7.8.0-r16754 (7.5.1-r9009) + 1 x Squeezebox Boom
+ 1 x Squeezebox Receiver
Squeeze Lite on Raspberry
SqueezeCommander (0.9.6.1) on ACER A1-810