bpa wrote:
> HLS is 1st preference and  1.4* and1.5.* are all about playing DASH and
> playing setting only apply to DASH.  HLS code has not changed from 1.3
>

> Change the Live and on Demand to
>
> DASH > HLS > MP3 > FlashAAC.

That helped a lot! Thank you!

I find, as you mentioned, that the "Seconds to delay start live stream"
has to be set to 1 minute, otherwise it takes forever to start the
stream and then breaks up a lot. If set to 1 minute the stream starts
after about 3 seconds, occasionally breaks up once or twice in the first
few minutes, and then settles down to be a reliable stream.

The scroll rate of the text seems to follow its own rule, rather than
the scroll settings in Player->Display, but that is a minor niggle.