pssturges wrote:
> No problem. How's this?
>
> Seems surprising that an apple device would be doing something outside
> the protocols, although it is quite an old device, have the protocols
> changed?
>
> Thanks again, really appreciate it.

Well, it's not really a "standard" because Apple has never published
anything, so it's the result of reverse-engineering by some folks. In
that precise case, it's  something that was different in the early
devices, but it does not mean that it's not "correct" or cannot be
handled.

The log you send did not contain the trace I'm looking for
unfortunately. I don't know if you saw my PM, but could you take another
log but play a song for 30s? You don't need any moe to use gdb, just
take the version from the development repository, clean the log before,
zip it and attach it here. With that, I probably would be able to handle
this variant of the command

AppleTV 4, Airport Express