ian_heys wrote:

> [07:38:43.292783] ALSA snd_pcm_hw_open:1601 open '/dev/snd/pcmC1D0p'
> failed (-16)
> [07:38:43.292884] test_open:124 playback open error: Device or resource
> busy
> [07:38:43.292937] output_init_common:373 unable to open output device

Your log shows that squeezelite failed to open the ALSA device !  I
think the is the source of the problems.

There are two types of failure and group of symptoms and people are
mixing the two

1.  Fail to play stream totally - stream does not play at all
2. Fail after playing a few minutes of thre streams.

The first total failure (usually when squeezelite is on same system as
LMS such as LocalPlayer) is the one that I can't reproduce.

The second type where failure happens after a time - I think is the 404
issue. Please check LMS log.  I have a fix for this and just doing more
testing.

Unless you have disabled native Flac playaback or using an SB1 - "Allow
Transcoding" will do nothing and has nothing to do with Flac