Dean_Bayliss wrote:
> Thank-you :  Testing here UK location, players are the Mac/squeeze Play,
> Radios and PiCore.  No gaps or disruption, and I must admit I do have
> set -Seconds to delay start live stream- to -no-delay-.  The actual
> delay is slightly behind the AAC stream, which is obviously some time
> behind the FM stream.  No errors appear in the log.  Other settings as
> per the instructions and highest DASH.  Tried a 1 minute/start delay too
> and that also worked fine.
I'm surprised that you do not have an error in the log. I have a fix for
the 404 errors that some users experience and will be releaseing it
later today.

> Only question I have is that it displays the decoded audio as 365kbps
> CBR, flc  -- I've not spent any further time checking if that is the
> case or a setting I'm missing - but I can play higher rate vbr FLAC from
> the library.  Most of the source material today has not been useful for
> checking the AAC/LAC difference on the PiCore/Hifi set up, (well not
> that I can tell yet) but will be great for the Proms.
365kbps comes from the BBC MPD (a playlist file for DASH) - not from the
flac stream nor form any measurements.  BBC could put 10 there and it
would be displayed as 10kbps and stream will play at higher rate.

The Flac stream is sent as 3.84 sec segment. I added a log which did
simple estimate of the rate for each 3.84 sec segment. In a 5 minute
period (a piano piece) the values were typically in the 380-420kbps but
there was one low of 146kbps and a high of 546kbps.

BBC themselves have commented that the Flac stream is typically around
500kbps.  The 1 min delay is just the way stream is setup - you'll hear
same delay on browser player.

For reference as an indication of compression level.

CD is 44.1KHz/16bits 2 chan which has a rate of 1411.2 kbps
BBC Flac is 48KHz/16bits 2 channel 1536 kbps