kefa;152692 Wrote:
> I just made this change to my installation of AlienBBC to enable me to
> stream radio to my Nokia N80.
>
> What is the reason for this being disabled by default? Is it to prevent
> people downloading streams that are only technically allowed to be
> realplayer streams for BBC copyright reasons?

Yes. That's exactly right. It wasn't our intention to produce a generic
mechanism to break both the Real and the BBC terms of service, merely so
that I can listen to Radio 4 in the shower in the morning. As a result,
we deliberately decline to talk to things that don't look like Slim
players. That way, we hope to indicate that we're playing reasonably
fair with the whole thing.

-- Jules

--
MrTickle