Stig Nygaard wrote:
> I've been using LMS on a Netgear ReadyNAS Ultra in many years, and there
> the word was you should stop LMS running before doing the update. Is
> that also the case here on Synology?
No, the update script will do that for you.

> I have however noticed less good performance when using transcoding via
> LAME than I used to see on my ReadyNAS. It is a first impression though,
> and I might need to investigate the issue closer or test more. Maybe it
> was just a coincidence caused by something else.
>
> But in general, really great work here and thanks for doing it ! :-)
Unfortunately Synology doesn't ship the Lame binary with the official
package. So transcoding using Lame is not possible with the official
Synology packages. The current added binaries in LmsRepack are not
compiled for the specific architectures and therefore might not be fully
suitable for the nas. But for now, its the best I can do for ARM and
x86_64 based nas.

-Synology nas DS115 - ('LmsUpdate'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?103636-Test-Repo-for-LMS-7-9-0-on-Synology-DSM-5-*&p=817970&viewfull=1#post817970))
+ ('LmsRepack'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?107180-Synology-7-9-1-packages))
-RPI 3 ('Moode 3.6 + LibreSpot' (http://moodeaudio.org/)),  IQaudIO
Pi-DAC PRO - Exposure 3010S2 - PMC GB1i
-2x Radio
-Laptop - openSUSE Leap - LMS/Squeezelite