steveecrane wrote:
> In terms of extracting the appropriate syntax to manually play a program
> from within an LMS browser-based interface, when I find a broadcast on
> the iPlayer website, for example this:
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00qckmd
>
> how do I go about extracting the correct syntax in order to play the
> programme?

First you need an Episode playable URL - the above URL is a Series or
Brand URL which points to playable episodes but cannot be used to
convert into a playable URL.

With the above program URL - clicking through to the available Episodes
- there are two playable episode URLs
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01ckggk
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01c7rqd

The BBCiPlayer plugin will play DASH URLs which have suffix ".mpd" - so
if you take the first URLs and insert the b01ckggk into the
playlist.json URL as follows:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01ckggk/playlist.json

This will return JSON formatted data about the propgramme. Find the
"vpid" value which in this case is b01ckdv0 and insert into the MTIS
URL
http://open.live.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/5/select/version/2.0/vpid/b01ckdv0/mediaset/pc

This will return XML formatted data of all the playable MPD URLs for the
episode.

Use one of the "http:" MPD urls in the "Iplayer://dash=http://"; to play
the program.

> I -have- used the HTML5 beta player ... but could see no material reason
> to continue to do so, TBH...
It may be easier to find MPD URL using the HTML5 player and a Chrome
browser. If you play the program using a HTML5 player on Chrome or
Firefox - open the developer console (e.g. right click "inspewct") and
looking in the "Network" tab - you'll see the URLs being fetched.
Restart the program and you should see the "MPD" URL being fetched.