mherger wrote:
> > 1 - I presume for the initial authorization you have to run the mobile
> /
> > desktop Spotify application on the same device where LMS is running? I
> > had to use the username/password solution on my LMS/Linux system
> because
> > using the client on other devices didn't work.
>
> No, the mobile app rarely is running on the same device as LMS ;-).
>
> Most likely it's a problem with how the spotty helper would advertise
> itself in the network. I think there can be conflicts with other
> discovery services. May I ask what Linux you're running and whether
> you're using some other media server software on it?
>
> > 2 - After disabling the Official Spotify plugin & Spotify Protocol
> > handler from LMS: is the cache deleted as well? Or do I have to remove
> > it manually? If so: which files/dirs do I have to remove in
> > /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache etc.?
>
> Oh, good point. I think the cache folder is called spotifycache or
> similar, inside the cache folder you mentioned.
>

> --
>
> Michael

The old Spotify cache can be quite big, mine was 515 Megabyte. I have
deleted it.
My LMS is running on a Xubuntu 16.04LTS server. It is also running
Mediatomb and by default a few services advertised via Avahi I think.
What advertising/discovery technology is used by Spotty?

*Living Room:* HifiBerry DAC+ Pro & piCorePlayer
*Attic:* HifiBerry DAC+ RCA & piCorePlayer
*Kitchen:* SB Radio
*Other rooms:* 5x SB Radio