This morning I plunk the BBC Radio 3 FLAC manifest.mpd URL (aich tee tee
pee colon slash slash)
vs-dash-ww-rd-live.bbcfmt.hs.llnwd.net/al/lossless/client_manifest.mpd
into the VLC 3.0.0 nightly build, and voila!  The music plays.  Then,
almost as though on cue, the muted horn does a "Waa-waa, waa,
waaaaaaaaaaaaa," and the music stops.  I try it again, because of course
it's just a fluke.  No, stream still only plays for a few seconds, then
quits.  Am I the only one?

Ironically, it may well be possible that my email a week ago to the BBC
R&D department handling the BBC Proms 2017 FLAC stream, requesting that
they put up the stream a couple of days early so bugs like this could be
solved, is a success, but that I will still be sitting here with mute
speakers long after the live music starts tomorrow morning (U.S. time).

Frustrating.