Managed to get Spotty working with Max2play installed on a Raspberry
Pi2. Its now playing playlists on Spotify on the Boom like a good un.

The only part I did struggle on was the "Squeezebox Server start
installation" updating 7.9 Nightly. The flashing screen started and the
install was meant to take 5-10mins but an hour later it was still
flashing away.

Any idea's why it would do this or how I can confirm which version I'm
running?

Anyway, I went ahead with the rest of the install and it seemed to
work.

Thanks again to Michael for all of his hard work in making this happen