Made my move to spotty today it works fine and could imidietly play
different stuff on one of my RPI3 and my BOOM :)

Installation was flawless and the aut process worked fine .

its runs on Linux min 18 64bit in a VM in ESXi on an intel NUC.

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 - 1499900819 @ Thu Jul 13 04:20:16
UTC 2017
Hostname: SqueezeVM
Server IP Address: 192.168.1.82
Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
Perl Version: 5.22.1 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
Audio::Scan: 0.95
Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
Total Players Recognized: 4

How i did it , LMS can be a bit quirky so i was methodical .

* stopped LMS.
* Installed latest 7.9.1 .
* restarted LMS .
*removed all old Spotify plugins .
* went to mysqueezebox.com made sure that there was no traces of spotify
there on any player ?`aperently its been all removed anyway .
* could not find spotty in the plugins list .
*rebooted the whole VM .
* now spotty was there .
* added spotty and restarted LMS .
* followed the instructions authed spotty from my spottyfy app on my
ipad :)

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )