I recently set up a Squeezebox and slimserver together with AlienBBC on
my sister-in-law's new Intel iMac.  I followed the standard
instructions for OS X (ignoring the warning you refer to) and
everything seemed to work first time.

On occasion, the radio streams seemed to stutter a tiny bit more than I
get on my home system (PowerPC iMac) but this could well have been down
to the internet connection.  Or it may have been due to delays from the
intel Mac having to use Rosetta to translate the programs.  I couldn't
really diagnose, and anyway it was not a major problem.

Anyway, bottom line is that I would give it a go, and see what happens
for you.

WhaleOil

--
WhaleOil